- Entry to the Competition is subject at all times to agreement to the Terms by each member of your Act.
- Entry into the Competition is open to all UK, Republic Of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged over 14, except employees of Red Bull and their families, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition. In addition, any Act or participant who has previously won a Bedroom Jam Live Show (i.e. Red Bull filmed you or your Act perform) is not eligible to enter the Competition and at least one member of each Act must be aged 21 or under on 10 June 2012.
- By entering the Competition, You confirm that (unless you have informed Red Bull otherwise in writing as detailed below) You have not entered into a recording or publishing agreement with any third party or otherwise made any arrangement restricting your ability to grant rights in your music to Red Bull or agree to these Terms. If You have entered into a recording or publishing agreement or made any arrangement restricting your ability to grant rights in your music to Red Bull or agree to these Terms but You (and your record label and publisher) still wish your Act to enter the Competition, You should contact Red Bull directly via email at email@example.com with full information about your circumstances. Red Bull will consider authorising entry to the Competition by such Acts on a case by case basis however reserves the right to refuse entry in its absolute and sole discretion.
- Entry is limited to one recorded performance (Submission) by every Act and every participant and must be made through the Website. All Submissions must be received by 30th April 2012 in order for an Act to participate in the Competition. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- Participants under the age of 18 must obtain prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 before entering the Competition. By entering the Competition You confirm that You are aged 18 or over or You have consent from a parent or guardian to enter. Red Bull reserves the right to require proof of age at its discretion.
- Breach of these Terms disentitles an Act from participating in the Competition. Red Bull reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of entries and Acts and in its sole discretion to disqualify any Act who it believes has failed to comply with these Terms or engages in any unlawful or other improper misconduct (including but not limited to tampering or interfering with the entry mechanism in any way) or acts in a manner which is likely to bring Red Bull and/or the Competition into disrepute (including but not limited to being under the influence of drugs or alcohol or engaging in conduct likely to cause harm to themselves, other participants or any other third party).
- Red Bull’s decision in relation to all matters pertaining to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
COMPETITION AND PRIZES
- Full details of what You need to do to enter and progress through the Competition, the different stages of the Competition, the prizes, and an explanation of how the ‘Buzz Chart’ is compiled are provided on the Website and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) section of the Website at www.www.redbullbedroomjam.com/frequently-asked-questions.
- Red Bull reserves the right to change the format and details of the Competition for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to number of entries, time constraints and any unforeseen incidents and to substitute alternative prizes of an equivalent value to the prizes offered, if necessary.
- The prizes in the Competition or any unused portion thereof are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-negotiable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Only bands whose members are all over 18 years old will be able to play live at T in the Park festival. Bands with members under the age of 18 may be offered an alternative Live Nation festival, where possible.
- To enter the Competition You must upload Your Submission onto the Website in the manner detailed on the Website and fully complete the online entry form. False, incorrect or incomplete information on entry forms will deem the entry invalid and make the Act ineligible to enter the Competition.
- Red Bull shall have no liability for any expenses incurred by You or your Act when creating any Submission for the Competition.
- Submissions will be posted on the Website so that Website users may upload their comments on your Submission and rate your Submission.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Submission and comments on the Website and the consequences of posting or publishing it, including in relation to any defamatory material or content that intrudes on the privacy or other rights of any third party. Red Bull does not endorse any Submission or any opinion, recommendation or advice on the Website, and Red Bull expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with your Submission and your comments on the Website.
- You warrant that You have and continue to have, all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions necessary for the use of all content in your Submission, including in particular any intellectual property rights in any images or music contained therein and agree to hold Red Bull fully harmless from any third party if your submission should breach their rights. This means, without limitation, that Your Submission must not be a cover version, contain samples, or otherwise contain any third party music or lyrics.
- Red Bull reserves the rights, at its sole discretion, to refuse to post, modify or remove any Submission or comment in relation to a Submission for any reason, with or without prior notice and without liability. Red Bull reserves all rights to take any appropriate action in relation to any comments which are offensive or unlawful.
- Red Bull reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deny, restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Website at any time. Red Bull shall not be under a duty to account for such a decision. Once your registration and/or access has been terminated by Red Bull You may not re-register with or re-access the Website.
GRANT OF RIGHTS AND PUBLICITY
- You will retain ownership of your Submission, but by entering the Competition You agree to grant to Red Bull a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual right and licence (including the right to sub-licence to any user of the Website or otherwise) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, synchronise, manipulate or otherwise exploit your Submission for any purpose whatsoever by any and all means in any and all media. By entering your Submission to us You agree that you shall not be entitled to any fees or additional consideration for such use and waive all moral rights in your Submission.
- It is a condition of participating in the Competition that:
- all members of each Act must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by Red Bull in their absolute discretion including but not limited to any talent or rights release, waiver and indemnity form and if a participant is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the same documentation on his or her behalf;
- all members of each Act agree to their image, and/or voice, and/or music and/or recordings (Content) being recorded, photographed, filmed or otherwise captured by Red Bull and/or its affiliates during each and every stage of the Competition (including without limitation during any live tour and album recording session) and grant to Red Bull the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, and perpetual right and licence (but not the obligation) to use, broadcast, distribute, transmit, stream, display, edit, modify and synchronise the Content with visual images or otherwise make the Content (including any underlying musical compositions) available to the public worldwide for any purpose, by any and all means, in all formats and in any and all media. You and your Act acknowledge that You will not be entitled to any fees or additional consideration for such use; and
- Red Bull may transfer the rights granted in paragraphs 20 and 21 in whole or in part to third parties, grant sublicenses and rights and/or permits to exercise the rights and it may exercise these rights itself or through third parties.
- You agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, recorded and photographed and use of the same in accordance with the rights granted above.
LIMITATION ON RED BULL’S LIABILITY
- Red Bull and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable to You, other Acts or third parties for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss or damages (including but not limited to consequential loss) or for personal injury or death or loss of, or damage to property or claim – except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law – that may occur:
- in connection with the Competition or the prizes;
- in connection with participation in a prize;
- as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected Submissions or mail; or
- due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any presenter, staff member, journalist, other participants or any other person.
- Red Bull shall not be held liable for any lost or late, illegible or inaccessible Submissions or for loss of data (including the deletion, corruption or failure to store submitted Submissions) or damage due to malfunction of or trouble with devices used to provide the Website, or any part of the communication network.
- Red Bull shall not be liable in any circumstances (including negligence) for any direct or indirect damages for any loss of data that results from your use of the Website (including in relation to any viruses or other similar computer related damage).
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, no conditions, warranties or other terms apply to the Competition.
- Should the Competition, in Red Bull’s sole opinion, be compromised by any event beyond Red Bull’s control or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, Red Bull reserves the right at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, amend or extend the Competition without liability to You or any other any participants.
- Red Bull will occasionally contact You to alert You of news relevant to your Submission. Anyone who wishes to unsubscribe from this mailing list may do so at any time using the link on the email or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The promoter of the Competition is Red Bull Company Limited of 155 – 171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP.